Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sups all!

Hello all, this blog was recently reviewed at blograter.com or something like that, and it just inspired me to keep on posting. First up, what I've been up to during these days:
  • I became an official contributor to the Compiz project. If you don't know what the Compiz project is then you can go to the homepage: http://www.go-compiz.org
  • I got a new wide screen monitor, and Ubuntu detected it and set it up with the proper resolution when I hooked it up. Its a Samsung SyncMaster 940BW by the way. Looks sharp and it saved me a lot of desk space.
  • I learned some Ruby programming with a book I found online. Its called Mr. Neighborly's Humble Little Ruby Book. I wanted to buy it, because its very good, but unfortunately the store that sells it doesn't ship to P.O. Boxes, so I'm out of luck. I highly recommend it if you want to learn Ruby. Check it out here: http://www.humblelittlerubybook.com
  • I don't know if I told you all, but I tried to install Arch Linux, but I couldn't get Xorg to work correctly, so I said "what the hell" and went back to Edgy. It's all been great ever since!
  • I have been gaming a lot more now, which is probably why I haven't posted that much lately, that plus classes started four weeks ago. Yikes!
Well, that's pretty much it, I need to do some homework right now, but later I'll post about two Disc Burning applications I both like. Cheers!

No comments: